Sunday, May 22, 2011

Riding Separate from the pack - Run For The Wall

At breakfast in the hotel I met up with several riders who are riding separate from the pack today.

I'm still not 100% from a stomach something or other I've had the last few days, we have a little over 300 miles to get under our belts today and we're doing them in our own time, to conserve energy.

Others have necessary business to take care of before hitting the road, some have appointments at motorcycle dealerships so they want to get out ahead of the pack, in case their bikes don't make it to the dealership, they can be picked up by chase vehicles.

Run For The Wall is so organized and so challenging and everyone who has ridden with the group knows there will be times you need to break away and ride your own ride, for your own safety, sanity or for the safety and sanity of others, ha!!

I'm so thankful for the incredible leadership teams we have this year, all working so hard to make it a safe and successful journey.   I've learned to love and respect so many quality people that God has put in my path.

I remember our first Run when I had to ride separate from the pack after an anxiety attack coming down the mountain from Angel Fire, NM.  I'm so glad we rode separate that day, we ended the day seeing our son who lives in Denver, it gave me courage to ride the rest of the Run in the pack.  It can be very intimidating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Opinions: