Tuesday, May 18, 2010

2nd Day of Registration for Run For The Wall

Today after 11 hours of Registration and meetings, I'll need to re-pack my bike for tomorrow's start of Run For The Wall 2010.

I have gifts for the hard workers around here, but yesterday we were so covered up with people wanting to register and meetings that the gifts were in my room about 100 yards away and one floor above me and I never made it to my room to get them to distribute them.  Today it is my #1 priority, after I eat, have another Board Meeting, get registration started and step into a couple more meetings ... no really, my # 1 priority.

We had an incredible time of reunions yesterday with familiar faces, and Tuesday's registrations and meetings are all about the new guys and gals that show up.  We so look forward to meeting these people and helping them get across the miles to the Wall. 

I have some FNG ladies helping us at registration and several "old hands," that stepped up to the plate for us yesterday, and it could not have gone smoother.  Just seems like every year the process is slicker and makes life easier for all involved.  Couldn't do it without so much support and planning throughout the year.

Tomorrow about 7:15 AM after I'm introduced to the ridership of Run For The Wall, my tasks are complete and all I have on my plate is to ride my bike to D.C.  Russ has the honor of opening in prayer at the general session of the Rider's Meeting tomorrow, also, before the two packs go their separate ways, Central Route heads up to I-40 and Southern Route over to I-10 and we meet again in 10 days in Arlington, VA.

Off to a great start, don't know how many we registered yesterday, went to a late dinner and straight to bed, so I'll get some counts this morning!!

Sugarbear

2 comments:

Questions, Comments, Opinions: