Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My bags are packed for Run For The Wall 2010

Because of our unique schedule and the cost of traveling across country, we left our PACKED bikes in a friend's garage in Phoenix this year.  We traveled home to Indiana and are here for a few days of spring cleaning, visit the g-kids, last minute paper-work for our ministry, then fly back to Phoenix to ride to California.

I've served on the Board for Run for the Wall since 2006.  I'm on my last year, second term, and have so enjoyed working with leadership.  Run For The Wall, www.rftw.org is completely run, oraganized and directed by volunteers.  Leadership changes every year, Board of Directors serve 3 years, maximum 2 consecutive terms, and nearly 2000 people register to ride each year.  More than half of the persons registered are new to Run For The Wall.

Two weeks from today I will be very involved in orientation, registration and leadership meetings, taking care of last minute details, meeting new riders and enjoying a reunion with old friends we've met along the way.

This will be my 8th Run For The Wall, I ride my own bike, and I'm so honored to serve in leadership.

We ride from the Los Angeles area to Washington DC leaving May 19th, arriving May 28th the day before my 62nd birthday.  The closing ceremonies will be held May 29th at the Arlington Assembly of God, Arlington, VA.  I hope to post pictures,  I'm currently looking for a mascot for my ride, and I'll highlight a lot of the leadership and the new riders in my posts.

Ride with me by following my blog.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Opinions: