Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Run For The Wall 2010 - California to Williams Arizona

Brought my computer with me to post on this blog, but it has to ride with Russ for "packing" purposes, and his schedule is much earlier and much later than mine, so here I am in Williams day 2 reporting to you from the hotel computer.

What a wonderful day.  We had 350 registrations for starting this leg of the Run on Central Route

I believe a lot of people registered for the amazing opening ceremonies.  Very moving!

We had 180 bikes in the pack and over 100 out working staging, fueling and Road Guards guiding us, plus so many support vehicles with workers in "cages."  (four wheel vehicles)

Yesterday will be forever remembered by the "wrong turn" our little pack of 3 made.  (First leg, second right turn.)  It allowed me to travel from the back of the pack to the front (it took 34 minutes) and see the entire pack from my bike (well not platoon 7) and it was such an amazing site, usually only people who don't ride with us and people working in the Road Guard position or in cages get to see this view (and of course this is what the traveling public sees.)  And it was so incredible I was extremely emotional realizing how much work goes into this brings me to tears ... I just have to focus on the mission and ride now!  The work is done.

Jean, my friend from Kingman was on the overpass all alone filming, I was so excited to see here, if I could've jumped out of the pack and hugged her I would have, it lifted my spirits on a day that I was kinda down.

Today my brother-in-law would have been 66 years old, but Cancer stole him from us last year.  It's tough gettin' older and losing favorite people. 

Run For The Wall - we meet in 45 minutes for Day 2 - more tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Opinions: