Saturday, May 22, 2010

Angel Fire to Goodland KS

Arriving Angel Fire is downhill twisties all the way to a beautiful valley.  I made myself focus and not use my brakes on my bike almost all the way, yet was able to relax and enjoy the ride.

I tapped my brakes a few times on the switchbacks, so I gave myself a little grace.

Then a fine gentleman gave me a few pointers at dinner on downhill curves, I tried his advice leaving the canyon and walla - I thoroughly enjoyed riding the curves even in the pack, and was able to leave the canyon, arrive out of the mountains - no brakes!! (personal best here folks - gotta have new goals all the time - keeps me young)

The Angel Fire Memorial is always a site to behold.  I've been there several times, and as a memorial to Dr. Westphall's son lost in Vietnam, it's always emotional.  I had special circumstances this year that I won't go into details, but ended up pretty upset for a few minutes...it's all over now.

I had never noticed that the entrance to Angel Fire was supposed to look like Angel Wings (duh! that one got past me big time).

Here's a great pic of the hubby with the chapel in the back ground and some of our riders on the pathway.

Did I mention how emotional Run For The Wall is?

Angel Fire is now a New Mexico State Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Opinions: